Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 19, 2014

I Believe in Miracles

Hola!

     So this week was really good! We didn't do very much on Monday because I let Hermana Fernandez choose what we were going to do because I felt bad that she kept on going to the church with me to play sports with the Elders even though she probably just wants to stay in our apartment. So that's what we did, stayed inside and wrote letters... not very fun but that's what she needed. And I kind of regret doing that because it was Zone p-day and they played rugby :( But oh, well I'll just have to learn how to play it some other time.

     On Tuesday we had some drama after District Meeting. While we were at Hermana Fernandez's lower stomach started to hurt really bad and we were worried so we went to the hospital to get it checked out. Well it wasn't anything too serious and she's doing much better now. But it was fun to do something different. Is it sad that I find it super exciting to go to the hospital for a stomach pain? Well, that's missionary life for ya, you have to find excitement in the little things. :)

     Fast forward to Thursday because this were the actual cool part of this week comes in. We had exchanges with The Sister Training Leaders!! It was so awesome!! On Wednesday Night I learned that I would be staying here in Newton and Sister Dean would come and be with me. And let me tell you I almost freaked out, because Sister Dean doesn't speak Spanish so I would have to do all of the teaching by myself!! I had visions of all of our investigators becoming so offended by my awful Spanish that they would drop us and never speak with missionaries again! So you can just imagine how hard I prayed Wednesday night. But none of my fears came to pass and it was a really good experience that totally strengthened my confidence and testimony. I was able to find new investigators, talk with the members on the phone to coordinate dinners and team-ups with them, and teach lessons all in Spanish!!! All of these things I had never gotten the chance to do before because Hermana Fernandez does it. I know my Spanish was no where near perfect but it was a huge blessing to be able to see that I can be a good and effective missionary even when I'm speaking Spanish. This whole experience was a miracle for me and I can't wait to see what other miracles are in store for me and my investigators during Miracle May!! :)

     Well that was pretty much the most important parts of this week. So onto the things that I learned during my personal study this week. One thing that kept jumping out to me this week was Courage. It came up three different days this week during my studies and I'm just starting to realize the importance of it. With my experience on Thursday I had to have courage and faith to speak in Spanish. The courage to open my mouth and the faith that Heavenly Father would help me testify of the truth. I'm still working on developing my courage and I want to challenge all of you to do it too. While having courage for a missionary may be a little different then for you to have courage I know that we all need to have the courage to always live what we believe. In President Monson's talk in the Priesthood session he quoted a Scottish poet named Robert Louis who said "Everyday courage has few witnesses. But yours is no less noble because no drum beats for you and no crowds shout your name." Missionaries always get the praise for going out into the world to share the gospel but I know that you all have just as much courage to live your believes everyday!

Love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!!

 Hermana Kammeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment