Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

March 6, 2014

I Now Know What Heaven Tastes Like!!! :)


!Hola¡
     This week has been so amazing!!! When I first got here I never thought that I would be able to speak this language and now I can kinda speak it!!!! Woot Woot!!! My afternoon teacher Hermana Olmos did an evaluation of me and my companion and she was so nice and complemented us and said that she was so impressed by how much we´ve improved, she also singled me out and said that my Spanish was getting really good. We also did a practice teaching on Saturday with our older district and they were our investigators, they were pretending to be the people from that mormon message about forgiveness where the family was hit by a drunk driver and the dad was able to forgive that kid. I felt so much love for these "investigators" that the spirit totally took over my mouth and I was able to really teach through and by what the spirit wanted me to say! It was awesome!!!!
     But don´t let these experiences make you think that I´m a pro or anything like that because I make a ton of mistakes as well!! We were teaching our investigator about the scarament and he was asking about why they used wine in the olden days. So I was trying to explain that in Jesus´s time the water was filled with diseases so it was safer to drink wine. But I said "En tiempo de Jesucrito la agua era mal" which translated means "In Jesus´s time water was evil." So that was pretty funny but Hermano Sanchez let me know that I needed to use doctrine to deal with that question so I was pretty humbled by that experience.
     So Heaven tastes like Mexican Tacos. On Monday night our branch presidency secretly brought my district real tacos because Hermano Sanchez has been tell us about them but he´s not allowed to bring us any and we all really wanted to know what they tasted like!! They were amazing everyone in my district had at least three and it was so incredible it just made my day!!
     Wednesday was my one month mark and it was crazy to think that I´ve been out for a month already! The CCM does weird things to time because sometimes time moves so quickly here and sometimes it just drags on and on!! And I can´t believe that I only have a week and a half left here at the CCM!!!Today we went to the temple´s visitors center and it was really fun to get out of the CCM and see real people again. I wish we could´ve had more time there because it was just amazing and I didn´t want it to end!
     I hope everything is going well with all of you and I send you my love from el CCM!!!

 Para siempre Dios este con vos!!
                                             Hermana Kammeyer


No comments:

Post a Comment