Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Sunday, June 7, 2015

May 18, 2015

Hola Todos!

Wow, What a crazy last week here in Wichita! In some ways this week felt like an eternity that passed in a blink of an eye.

Since it is transfer week I don't have a lot of time this week to email so here are the Highlights of this week. On Saturday all of the Missionaries in the Wichita Zone helped out with a walk for Angelman syndrome, it's a mental disorder a lot like downs syndrome but the people affected by it are always smiling and happy. A member in the Stake has twin daughters with this syndrome so it was really nice to help them out. We had to be there at 6:30 am so a lot of us were pretty tired but it was a lot of fun helping set up for it. I made a balloon arch and my fingers were pretty much rubbed rubbed raw from all of the balloons but it turned out pretty nicely if I do say so myself! Also on Saturday there was so much RAIN!!! And almost all the streets were flooded. So I felt like I was driving a motorboat instead of a car all day. And then we decided to go dancing in the rain when we got home. Which wasn't a good idea for Hermana Dahl because she ended up having a cold on Sunday. :(

On Sunday the HERNANDEZ GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!! It was so awesome to see them make this step to come closer to God. The Spirit was so strong at their baptism and it just helped me remember once again how important this work is! And just like any typically Spanish baptism it started a half an hour late and there was some kind of problem (This time there was no jumpsuits at the church do to the baptisms that took place the day before) but everything worked out in the end and it was a really great service! :)

So if you haven't guessed it I am being transferred to Liberal, Kansas. I'm not going to lie I was a little bummed when I read it. There's not a lot of Spanish work down there and the Sisters area isn't even considered a Spanish Area. So bummer!! But that is so not going to stop me from talking to every Hispanic person that I see! 

So wish me luck in Dorothy's home town

No comments:

Post a Comment