Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Monday, June 22, 2015

June 22, 2015

Whoa! Week of Miracles!! :)

Hola Todos!

Wow, this week was amazing! I learned so much and so many wonderful things happened! So the first miracle of the week was that we didn't have any extra meetings this week!!!! Therefore we had our whole week to just work (that's the first time that's happened this whole transfer)! It was a huge blessing and I am so grateful for everyday that I have to work hard and serve the Lord.

Last week I think I told you about Billy and Christina and how she is working towards being baptized. After Church last Sunday we showed her around the church and she felt the spirit so strongly and ever since then she has just been on Fire!! (spiritually that is) She's been reading the Book of Mormon everyday and she is progressing so much!! We taught her about the Law of Chasity and we invited her to live it. We knew it might be a hard change for her so we invited some member families to pray for her and within two days Christina and Billy had picked out a day that they wanted to get married!!!!!!! And guess what? That day is this weekend!!!!! What?!?! Isn't Heavenly Father just the best! He is providing the way to help them come back to him and he is there every step of the way.

On Friday, Sister Webb and I woke up and we weren't feeling to good but we decided to just ignore it and to keep on working and man, did Heavenly Father bless us. We talked to so many knew people and on our way to dinner we saw a teenager sitting outside on her porch. We got off our bikes and went and talked to her and it was incredible. She just recently moved her and she's had a rough past and didn't feel like God loved her. We testified that he did love her and that He sent us there to show her that. By the end of the conversation the spirit had touched her heart and she agreed to be baptized next month!! :) Then after dinner a member took us to go see on of her friends named Herainia. That was probably one of the sweetest and most precious experiences of my mission. This member had never shared the gospel with anyone before and she was so nervous to share it. But the Holy Ghost had testified to her so strongly that her friend needed to hear the gospel that she took us to go see her. The night before we came Herainia had prayed and asked Heavenly Father to take her to a place where she could feel 'the warmth in her heart' again. As her friend testified to her of the blessings of the gospel and as we read the book of Mormon with her she felt that warmth and and recognized us as the answers to her prayer.

I don't think I've ever felt more grateful for anything in my whole life than I was that day and at that time. Because Heavenly Father chose me to answer the prayer of one of his children. I can truly testify that He does listen to and answer every prayer because God loves his children... So yeahFriday was definitely one of the best days of my whole mission!

In other uneventful news this news this week is transfers... haha just kidding it is pretty eventful. Liberal Kansas will be my last area. That is so weird to say! Hna Webb will be leaving and I my new companion will be Hna Viera from Puerto Rico! Yeah, we're going to make this area a full Spanish area once more!! :)

I love you all so much and I just want to all to know that I absolutely love love LOVE being a missionary and serving the Lord all day everyday! I hope you all have a wonderful week!! 

Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Kammeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment