Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

May 28, 2015

It's definitely Tornado season!

Hola Todos!


Wow! This week and a half has been sooooo crazy! It's super weird to think that I was in Wichita just one week ago. It was so hard to leave Wichita. I honestly think I could've spent the rest of my mission there. But it's all good, without out change there is no hope of growing or becoming a better person. :)

    Wednesday was transfers and I can not believe that I fit everything in my suitcases. Ugh, when did I get so much stuff? It was cool and really weird to see so many of the missionaries that I know and love head back home and it's just sinking in how much closer that is coming for me..... Let's change that subject. So the ride out to Liberal took forever! It's right on the Oklahoma boarder and we didn't get there until 9:00 pm. So it was a super long day. 

     The rest of the week passed by really fast and all I can say is that I forgot how weird it is not knowing where things are or who needs what. So I've really had to depend on my new companion Hermana Webb. It's actually pretty cool because she came out with Hermana Dahl, so in a weird and kinda of distant way I'm still connected to Hermana Dahl! :)

     The Weather here has been crazy! We've had so much rain and on Sunday we had another Tornado scare. We were visiting a member and it was raining and the Tornado sirens went off and she was all like, "psh, I've lived here my whole life this is nothing there's not going to be a tornado." As she was making fun of the sirens we hear this huge thud on the roof and that's when she was like, "Oh, no!" It was hailing and the hails were so HUGE!!! I've never seen anything like it. And apparently hail like that is a pretty definite sign of a Tornado. So her and her husband launch into action and long story short just as they were about to shove Hna Webb and I into the crawl space under the house the sirens turned off. 

      We had another Tornado scare yesterday as I was driving us home from i-pad training! Which was awesome by the way. I learned so much. I was actually a little nervous about getting i-pad's because that's how I wasted time before my mission and I thought it was going to be a big temptation for me to have an i-pad. But what really stuck out to me was that this is an opportunity for all of us missionaries to increase our discipleship and become stronger individuals. So as i was driving back it was raining so so hard. The other sisters in the car said a prayer and we all felt like we needed to pull off the road and go to a gas station. So another long story short gas station was flooding but no tornado, well at least here. #TornadoSeason
   
  I love you all so much and I hope that you all have a wonderful week! 

Con Mucho Amor, 
Hermana Kammeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment