Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Monday, March 23, 2015

February 9, 2015

1 year down....



Hola Todos,
     Well this week went by so fast but it felt like it was forever long again. So like the title of this email says I had my one year mark on my mission this last week. Super Weird! I still feel like it's only been a few months since I started this journey. It definitely doesn't feel like I know as much as a missionary who's been out on their mission for a year. Elders are so lucky that they get two years!

     On Monday we had to go over to the mission office for some quick paper work for Hna Wilks. So the night before we got permission from the Zone Leaders to call the Hermanas serving in the neighboring Spanish branch to go and have lunch with them while we were on the other side of town. It was awesome to see Hna Jennings again, and Elder Grow (she invited him to so we could all have a MTC reunion :D). That was an awesome start to the week.
     One day this week we got to have one of the recent converts in the branch come tracking with us! Fun Right?!? :) Haha we had a blast and we ended up walking like 2 miles but we had a great time and it's just helping him get ready for his own mission. It's awesome to see how the Gospel changes lives because this convert was so incredibly shy and now he comes out with the missionaries everyday and helps us teach people! So awesome! #TheChurchisTrue
     Sunday we had Branch Conference and since we're on the branch counsel we got to go to all of the meetings. It was really coo

l to see more of the administrative part of the church. And my testimony of leadership in the church was strengthened so much! I absolutely love the Stake Presidency here in the Wichita Stake. I also had a lot of fun because I got to translate Sunday School and the combine Relief Society/Priesthood lesson into English for the members of the Stake executive counsel. It was awesome to see how much my Spanish has improved in this last year. But then I was immediately humbled in Sacrament meeting when I had to translate from English into Spanish for the Stake Relief Society President.... yeah, there's still a lot of room for improvement on that end of the spectrum. :)
So this week we worked really really hard... and we didn't get hardly any of the results that we were hoping for. But last night Heavenly Father helped figure out why that happened. I know that if I act on the revelation that he gave me this week will be awesome!!!
I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!
Con Mucho Amor,
Hermana Kammeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment