Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Friday, August 15, 2014

July 28, 2014

That Dang Beguiler!!

Hola!

     So this week started off really great we did a really good job of having members come out with us, which is something that we've been struggling with recently. We our two investigators (Majestik and Haley) that had baptismal dates were progressing really well and we were having a pretty good week.... until the weekend hit.

     Friday was really hard because it felt like my brain took a vacation! I couldn't teach at all! It was sooooooo rough! Then on Saturday I had a major headache the whole day and I still couldn't teach very well. Ugh! And Sunday is the kicker. We woke up to like 8 texts messages from our two investigators with a date and they dropped us! :( Majestik is 11 and her dad doesn't want her to talk to Mormons period! And that includes her cousin, Katie Schroeder, that has been teaching her with us. Then Haley told us that she was just more comfortable being were she is and she doesn't want to be baptized anymore. It was like Satan was trying to punch us in the stomach and then while we were bent over in pain he wanted to slam a chair on too our back! But Jesus was definitely taking those blows for the both of us because surprisingly there wasn't as much pain as I thought there would be with 'losing' two people that I love so much.

     So this whole week we've been spreading the word about a Devotional that President Bell was going to give to less-actives and recent converts. But just as we were leaving after church the Zone Leaders grabbed us and told us that President Bell had a family emergency and had to leave the mission! Just wait it gets even better... the Zone Leaders decided not to cancel the Devotional. So we spent the next few hours making some calls and helping them plan a devotional! Talk about stressful!! Man oh man I do not envy the Zone Leaders. But everything turned out great! And the Spirit was so strong!
When we got home yesterday I was sooo tired and was super happy that tomorrow would be P-Day! But it just reminded me of a scripture that I had found that morning during my BOMB personal study!
     "My people must be tired in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my Kingdom" -D&C 136:31
      So I know that everything that we've been going through this week has only been for our good. That the tiredness that we are feeling is only going to strengthen and up lift us and prepare us for the celestial kingdom! I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!! :)
Hermana Kammeyer 


Pictures:
Newton District, last p-day before transfers!
Newton Spanish Missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment