Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Friday, August 15, 2014

July 21, 2014

Specific Prayers work!!

Hola!

    Well, this week was really good. I learned so much and it was a great way to end a transfer. And good news.... I'm staying in Newton with Hermana Seigfried!!!! Woot woot! :) I'm super excited to still be here in Newton! There is so many investigators that have great potential and I really want to help build up the ward and and the "Spanish Branch" before I leave for a new area.

     So Monday we went out to Hutchinson for a Zone p-day and it took super long for us to get out there because they were repaving the roads so we only got to stay for about an hour, which was super disappointing, but I did get to learn how to play the Ukulele :) so that was a plus!

     Tuesday we had our final district meeting for this transfer and it's weird to think that now I'll be the missionary that's been in this area for longest. It's sad to see Elder Gomez (one of the Spanish Elders) and Elder Walton (District Leader) go because they have been here for these last three transfers. But all is well, that's why we have facebook! :) Well, when you're off your mission.

     Wednesday was pretty normal until we got home for the night and as we were finishing up our daily planning we got a text from the Sister Training Leaders. SURPRISE: Last minute exchanges!

    Thursday I went with Sister Heger to Maize, which is a city right outside Wichita. It was lots of fun and I learned a ton from her and I also learned that I do not envy the STL's (Sister Training Leaders). They spend so much time in meetings or making phone calls it's ridiculous! I already feel like we don't have enough time in the day as a regular missionary!
So the weekend was pretty average and nothing to crazy happen. Except that it got hot again, the beginning of the week was pretty chilly actually, and the bugs came a biting :( I have so many bug bites all over my legs, arms, and stomach! It's crazy! It's almost like they are breeding SUPER BUGS out here!!

     One of our investigators that we are working with is named Haley and I just love her to pieces! She's one of the sweetest people I've ever met! But you might not think that when you first see her because she's covered in tattoos and piercings. She has had a really rough past and she feels "unworthy" for baptism but she wants it so badly! I just love her to pieces and I know that once we can finally get her to go to church she'll be able to see where this path will take her and her baptism will happen! But that dang Satan is trying so hard to stop her but he will not win!!!

      Oh, yeah. One last cool story that I forgot about. So when Sister Seigfried and I were in the CCM Pres. Tenorio had given a talk on the power of specific prayer and he used Genesis 24 to show how to do it (So if your looking for something to study this week I would highly recommend it! ) and he gave a bunch of examples from his life and the lives of other missionaries who have done specific prayers. The topic of Specific Prayers came up again last week in Zone Training so Sister Seigfried and I tried to do one this week. So the gist of a specific prayer is that you prayerfully consult the Lord about something (like finding a new family to teach) and you come up with a bunch of specifics about this family like who, what, when, where... and so for. Then you pray in faith that it you will find this family.

      So Sister Seigfried and I prayed that we would find a Hispanic family of 4, the parents ages would be from 20-30's and they would have two young kids. The dad would be wearing tan cargo shorts and flip-flops and the wife would be wearing a white shirt and jean capris. And they would be looking for a new church to join. Then we prayed that we would go to the mexican market at3:00 exactly, and be there for exactly 20 minutes and during that time we would find them. So through out the day we kept praying for this to happen and we get to the market right and 3:00 do a quick pray and walk in. There's no one else there, totally ghost town. So we start wandering the isles and after about 10 minutes this car pulls up and out steps a younger guy and we started to get super excited and then we saw his feet. He was wearing tennis shoes! :( So we kinda awkwardly tried to talk to him but then we gave up pretty much after saying hi because he didn't have flip flops! :( He buys some soda and then leaves, we had like 5 minutes left at this point, and as he's pulling away we look into his car and see his wife and two young kids sitting in the car! We totally missed the answer to our prayers just because he wasn't wearing flip-flops!!!! We were so devastated!! We had prayed this family there and we totally ignored them! Ugh!!!

      So we learned a ton that day and I know that Heavenly Father wants to give us the answers to our prayers we just need to be obedient and vigilant! Well, I hope you all are having a wonderful week! And I'll talk to you again next week! Love ya!
Hermana Kammeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment