Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Monday, October 27, 2014

September 29, 2014

Tender Mercies :)

Hola Todos!

     So this week has been filled with it's ups and downs. Future note: Don't ever pray for challeneges no matter how much you want to grow!!! Because Heavenly Father does give you what you ask him for! This week I've had a lot of trouble with Spanish and staying positive and focused and ..... just lots of stuff. But Heavenly Father is always there with his Tender Mercies. So I'm going to tell you about those instead of just what happened everyday this week! :)

     This week we were carless! Now that doesn't sound like a Tender Mercy to most people but I love it when we don't have the car! The car always seems like it just sucks the energy right out of me and it doesn't feel like we're working as hard. But when were biking I get to be outside in the Sun and I get to work hard andI'm realizing all of those indorphines! I just love coming back to the apartment at the end of the day and feeling sore and drop dead tired!! It makes me feel like I've really been working hard, espeacially since we biked like 10+ miles a day! :)

     I've also had a lot of time to write in my journal this week! Which is a wonderful release! And it's also good for me to look back on how I was a few months ago and to realize
 that I have grown sooo much!

     We met a lot of more members from the Garden City Ward. They are so awesome and I just love how excited they are about missionary work! And how they love all of the missionaries who are serving here so much! We also had a great Sports night with the members and our investigators! They're crazy about soccer here! :)

     Heavenly Father gave me one of the most funny experiences of my whole mission this week too! Hna. Guillen had an appointment that canceled so we decided to go tracting in a near by "apartment" complex, they were more like huts than apartments. And there was this old black guy sitting out of his house and waved us over. We started talking to him and it was pretty clear that he has had trouble with the Word of Wisdom. He started talking to us about how he had been to our church before and then he started to say things like this, "Ya should tell your church that ya shouldn't invite people to be baptized. It scares people off, ya know that's peer pressure. Ya'd have more people attending too. Ya should tell your pator that." (So I already thought this was pretty funny but it gets even better!) As we are talking to him about this two of this friends come over and they start talking and it's like three different conversations. One of his friends was this really white girl and she had problems with the Word of Wisdom too. And she starts saying things like " Oh, your Mormons! I love Mormons! Your movies are great and your Bible too. I really like the resume! It's so good." And we were like "Resume...?" Then she was like "I just spoke in tongues and you know what they're telling me right now... You need to follow your religion and get married to a nice young man." Then the old black guy chimes in again and he's all, "Will you marry me?" To me!!! I said, "No thank you, I'm good" And he replied, "Is it because I'm black? Cuz that's racist. Is it because I'm old? Cuz that's racist too!" Then the white girl pipes in and says,"You wanna know what's racist?" Then she whips off her shirt and shows a tattoo of a Confederate Flag in a heart on her back!! During this whole encounter Hna Guillen was just laughing while I had to talk to them!! I wanted to laugh so hard during this whole thing too!
So I guess I can check getting proposed to off my life experiences list! :) Haha, so even though things were rough this week Heavenly Father has always been there to give me the pick me up that I needed. :)
 I Love you all and I hope you have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment