Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Thursday, September 25, 2014

September 22, 2014

This week in Garden City
 Hola!

     This week we mostly spent getting to know our area, since we both have only been here for a short time. We visited most of the past Sisters Investigators and a lot of the members. This Ward is huge though so we still feel like we don't know anyone! But that's okay it's better to have too many members than not enough members! :)
 

     On Tuesday we had Sisters Conference, so all of the Sisters from the Liberal, Garden City, Wichita, and Newton Zones came to Dodge City (which is an hour away from Garden). So I got to see Sister Wheadon again, yeah!, and a lot of the Sisters from my old Zone. Sister Siegfried wasn't there though so Sister Wheadon and I called her the Hutch Sisters phone (don't worry we had permission from the Zone Leaders) and she is doing great!!! So great that she couldn't drive out to Dodge because they had to many appointments! I also found out that two of the girls that I taught while I was there were baptized!!!! Whoo Hoo!!! :) And they had another baptism of another lady I taught yesterday! It was so cool to hear about the great things that are happening in Newton! Sisters Conference was good but it was hard because it took up pretty much the whole day! But we did get one of our investigators named Fernando on date! He's twelve and he just moved here with his mom from Honduras. We are so excited for him!
 

     Thursday we went on Exchanges with the STL's. So I got to go to Dodge City for the day. I wasn't super excited at first becaue I just wanted to stay in our area and get to know it better but I learned so much while I was there! :)
 

     The rest of the the week passed in a blur. I'm so happy to hear about the dedication of the Odgen Temple!! The Temple is the best, so make sure you take advantage of it! Something that I have been so impressed with is how much the members here love the temple and how much they are willing to sacrifice to go there!
 

     I love you all so much! Keep the faith and let your light shine!! :)

                                                                 Love,
                                      Hermana Kammeyer

Pic:
Two girls that got baptized in Newton! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment