Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June 23, 2014

Everything's bigger in.... Kansas?


Hola!

     So this week has been filled with walking and preparations for a ..... BAUTISMO!!!! Aka baptism if you don't speak Spanish. :) All but two days this week we have visited Rebekah. She is definitely one of the Lord's elect/ prepared individuals! It's awesome how much she understands already and she has been ready, knowledge wise, for weeks to be baptized. But she had a one cigarette relapse with smoking, which is understandable when you've been smoking for 40 years, about two weeks ago. And get this, she became so violently ill after she smoked that she never wants to do it again! Isn't that the coolest thing ever!!

     Also this week we have had a lot of excitement with one of the recently baptized members of the Newton ward. Her name is Katie and she was baptized in February. We've been having her come with us to teach Rebekah (side note: we've had a member in every lesson with Rebekah this week and it has been awesome! Members are the best!) and then on Tuesday night she texted us and started asking about if she could go on a mission and what she would need to do to get ready. Oh my gosh!! It's awesome seeing someone who wasn't even a member 5 months ago start preparing to serve a mission!!! :)
Hermana Siegfried is Awesome! We get along so well and we work together amazingly. It has been a little rough though this last week because I've had to do a lot of the planning of who we need to visit and when and what we should teach them (because she doesn't know any of the investigators here). Let me just say that I am SO glad that I'm not training anyone!! That is just way too much pressure!

     So funny story... Kansas grows some really BIG bugs! And they have been finding there way into our apartment! On Friday morning I took a shower and then when I was drying myself off I noticed that there was this huge spider on my towel! I just about died!!! This spiders was SOOOOO big! Like it's body was the size of a quarter!! Then throw some legs on it and it was about the sized of a baby's hand! So I've been a little worried these past few nights when I've gone to sleep that gigantic spiders are going to be crawling all over me! During my prayer that night I spent like 7 minutes praying that there wouldn't be spiders in my bed!

     That's pretty much it for this week! All is well here in Kansas and I'm having a blast serving the Lord (sore feet, sun burns, and mosquito bites in all :D ). Love you all and I hope you have a great week!
Hermana Kammeyer 


This picture is of Rebekah!

No comments:

Post a Comment