Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Monday, December 29, 2014

December 1, 2014

Me encanta español!

Hola Todos!

     This week was definitely one of the harder weeks on my mission! But also a very good week. It was so so hard to leave Garden City! I love that place so much! Ugh! It's crazy how hard it is to leave a place that you love so much. It was especially hard to say goodbye to Consuelo. Aw! Thinking about it makes me tear up!

     I was so surprised that I could get everything packed that I needed to in just one day! Man, do you accumulate a lot of stuff as a missionary! The transfer devotional was good as usual and I got to see Hna Seigfried and Hna Wheadon which totally brightened my day!
I'm not gonna lie the first few days in the Wichita West Spanish Branch were rough! We cover a HUGE area! All of Wichita Stake! So we have a long of ground to cover... except we didn't have any miles to do so. :( So we rode our bike over 30 miles Wednesday and Thursday! Ugh!! I was so tired!! Thanksgiving was a little rough, not gonna lie. It was hard not to think about Garden City and what I would've been doing there. But Heavenly Father helped me get over it and get to work and by the end of the day I was really grateful for the Thanksgiving that I did have.

     It's so different being in a Branch! I'm so used to serving around tons of members and missionaries so adjusting to how small the support network is here was actually a little lonely. But going to church on Sunday and meeting most of the members really helped.
I can not even begin to explain to you how much my Spanish has grown since I got here. It's like serving in a Spanish Branch just opens up the flood gates to the gift of tongues. There's also a lot of responsibility when you serve in a branch, super glad I'm not an Elder because they're the branch presidents counselors! But I played the piano in sacrament meeting and I gave a surprise talk, was orginally supposed to be a short testimony, in sacrament meeting. 

     All of these experiences reminded me of how much I've grown in the last few months and it's incredible to see! I am so grateful of all of the wonderful blessings and gifts that Heavenly Father has given me. So even though there's hard times Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are always there for me strengthening me and helping me become better person in Christ!

     I love you all so much and I am so grateful to be a missionary here in the sacred land of Kansas! Heavenly Father is aware of all of his children here. I love this work and I am so grateful for my Savior! Keep the faith and let your light shine!!
Con Amor,

Hermana Kammeyer

Pic:
We were so cold after biking Wednesday night that we filled the tub up with warm water and planned with our feet in the tub!

No comments:

Post a Comment