Wichita, Kansas Spanish speaking Mission!

Monday, December 29, 2014

December 15, 2014

Diez dias mas hasta Navidad!

Hola Todos

     This week has been frustrating and rewarding at the same time. I feel like there is a lot of progress happening with the members of the Branch and I feel like I have progressed so much with my Spanish and with how to serve the members and how to let them know that I love them. But it's frustrating because I feel like nothing is happening. It feels like were running around in circles like chickens with our heads cut off just hoping and praying that someone gets baptized. We haven't been able to see the family that we had on date for 
Christmas Eve so now they won't be able to be baptized that day, super sad.

     But on a brighter note, this week my testimony that the Lord picks the Leaders in the KWM was strengthened so much. Sister Fairbourn came on exchanges here and I loved it. I was a little nervous at first since she doesn't speak Spanish and would be all alone with out anyone to help me but the Gift of Tongues is REAL and everything went great! We also did everything that we were supposed to (talk to absolutely everyone, invite for baptism, work hard, and follow the Spirit). It was awesome! She helped me so much because I was able to see what can happen in this area as we continually strive to keep all of the commitments that have been given to us. Now I just have to do it without her here. We also had our District Leader Interviews this week, we talk with our District Leader about goals for area, problems, etc... it's pretty much just like a interview with President Bell but it happens every transfer). Elder Ibarra is awesome and I am so glad that I get to have him as a district leader before he goes home. I am learning so much from all of the other wonderful missionaries here and I feel so blessed to be here in Wichita West Spanish. I know that these trails are only going to strengthen my faith and are for my benefit. I just need to stay diligent and the blessings will come.

     And I love serving here in Wichita because it's awesome AND because I keep seeing members from Newton!! At the branch Chirstmas party the Medina family showed up and I just about died!! I love them so much and I know for sure that my jaw hit the ground when they walked in! Tender Mercies of the Lord!!! :)

     So Hna Wilks and I have been super excited for Christmas but we totally don't want it to be Christmas because then we won't get to do Christmas-y stuff anymore. And I can not believe that there's only ten more days until Christmas!!! Ah, so crazy!!!! Where has December gone?!? Ojala que todos de ustedes tengan una buena Navidad!!!

Con Mucho Amor,



Hermana Kammeyer

Pics:

Zone Picture for #SharetheGift
Elder Snow, just one of our many decorations for Chirstmas! :)
Racoon that Sister Fairbourn and I ran into while tracting

No comments:

Post a Comment